Discounted tickets are available now!
New York Professional Events List
Data Management Summit
Data Management Summit
Registration and Networking over Coffee
Chair’s Opening Address: Andrew Delaney, Chief Content Officer, A Team Group
Keynote Presentation: Enabling a cognitive enterprise
- How are leading enterprises transforming their organizations to become cognitive?
- How are data leaders crafting and implementing a data strategy that drives transformation across all levels of the organization?
- How do data leaders work with the business to shift traditional thinking and start treating data as a strategic asset?
- What are leading use cases and how do you prioritize to drive the most value to the business?
- What skills are most valuable, and how do you identify, recruit, and retain top talent?
Inderpal Bhandari, Global Chief Data Officer, IBM
Keynote Panel: Harnessing data and creating value
- How are data executives getting the business to understand the value of a data driven approach?
- What are the requirements for embedding data into the culture of the business?
- What new tools and technologies are firms leveraging to improve data quality, data governance and data management?
- Measuring ROI and reporting back to the business to 'prove' the value
Moderated by: Andrew Delaney, Chief Content Officer, A-Team Group
Peter Serenita, Group CDO, HSBC
Derek Strauss, Former CDO, TD Ameritrade
David Saul, Senior Vice President & Chief Scientist, State Street
Tom Mavroudis, Head of Enterprise Data Governance, MUFG Union Bank
Jennifer Ippoliti, Firmwide Data Governance Lead, JP Morgan Chase
Presentation: Building a data driven culture
In order to successfully evolve into a data driven organization a two pronged approach is required. One to create a top down focus from the c-suite and another to create a bottom up engagement across all levels in the organization. Michael Vapenik will share the key traits that he seeks in individuals to help drive the bottoms up engagement across the organization based on his experience in data driven organizations in both the private and public sector.
Michael Vapenik, Data Governance Officer, American Express
Networking and Refreshment Break
Panel: Reviewing the regulatory landscape in volatile and uncertain times: The data management response for 2020
- Volatility is set to persist in 2020 - Brexit, ongoing political uncertainty in the EU and the Trump Presidency - how can firms develop data strategies that are compatible with an uncertain and ambiguous environment?
- Which regulations are set to have the biggest transformational impact in 2020?
- How can you set up your data infrastructures to effectively respond to regulations and to support business needs and regulatory reporting requirements?
- RegTech: How can a RegTech approach help meet regulatory compliance requirements? What is the potential and what are the barriers to further adoption?
Moderated by: David Blaszkowsky, Managing Consultant, RGP
Tim Lind, Principal, RTech Advisors
Roger Fahy, Vice President & Chief Operating Officer, CUSIP Global Services
Hudson Hollister, Founder & Executive Director, Data Coalition
Panel: Data governance, data lineage and data quality processes and policies to meet existing and incoming regulatory requirements
- What regulations are having the biggest impact on data governance?
- What are the benefits of a strong data governance framework beyond meeting reporting requirements?
- What techniques can firms use to help engage everyone into understanding the importance of ownership and accountability for data quality purposes?
- The importance of establishing data lineage for data quality and data governance
Moderator: Michael Vapenik, Enterprise Data Governance Officer, American Express
Ellen Gentile, Assistant VP, Data Quality & Data Steward, Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation
Sue Habas, VP of Strategic Technologies - Data Intelligence, ASG Technologies
Catherine Louisy-Louis, SVP, Director, Americas Data Governance, Mizuho Americas
Nathan Snyder, Partner, Brickendon Consulting
Keynote Presentation: MIFID II: Building on stable foundations
Peter Moss, CEO, The SmartStream Reference Data Utility
Networking Lunch in Exhibition Area
Networking and refreshment break
Afternoon keynote: Innovations in machine intelligence: Separating genuine advancements from the hype
Kurt Gilman, Independant Consultant
Panel: Data innovation: How are emerging technologies being leveraged for data quality and greater insight?
- Internet of Things, Robotics, AI, Machine Learning, Advanced Analytics – what are the use cases and how are these technologies being applied to improve data quality and drive business insight?
- To what extent can we automate in our industry? What does this mean for the future of the data professional?
- What are the data management requirements for leveraging these new technologies?
- How can the use of semantics accelerate AI and Machine Learning?
Moderated by: Joseph Sommer, Senior Manager, Advisory Services, EY
JR Lowry, Head of Global Exchange EMEA, State Street
Mark Temple-Raston, CDO and Chief Data Scientist, Decision Machine
Tony Brownlee, Partner, Head of Data Science and Research, Kingland
Dale Richards, Managing Director, Island 20 Ventures
Jared E. Klee, Business Development, IBM Watson
Networking & Drinks Reception
VIP Life Time Subscription to our Newsletters!