Discounted tickets are available now!
New York Professional Events List
Link to Website
Ticket Price: € 2,480.- (VAT excl.)
Designing and implementing a Tax Technology plan is crucial to all organizations
Tax authorities worldwide are increasingly relying on technology for data gathering, the exchange of information and analytics, often through real-time sharing. They use automated data crawlers and analytical tools to identify non-compliant behaviour. These new developments will definitely increase the compliance burden on MNEs and raise the number of disputes across the globe. Designing and implementing a Tax Technology plan is therefore crucial.
What will you learn?
In this top level distance learning course, the instructors explain the current Tax Technology strategies of tax authorities worldwide and prepare you for future challenges within the Tax Technology landscape. You will acquire in-depth knowledge and understanding of the technological aspects in the field of taxation and what the new tax professional will look like. The instructors educate Tax as well as IT professionals with the aim to reach a successful synergy between them when it comes to upcoming projects. They describe many cases involving the design and implementation of a Tax Technology plan, the project management that is required and how other MNEs deal with this transformation.
Tax Technology is developing at the speed of light
Tax Technology is developing at the speed of light and it is difficult to keep up with all the new developments in the market. The instructors of this high level Tax Technology course assist you in understanding the requirements for the design, selection and implementation of tax software for global and local purposes for both direct and indirect taxes. You will enhance your knowledge on the technical side by looking into the IT area of ERPs. The instructors all have extensive knowledge of and experience with the major Tax Technologies available and will help you make appropiate choices.
The appropiate use of Tax Technology saves time, reduces costs, increases accuracy and improves compliance. Using technology to manage tax effectively is therefore crucial for all tax departments within (multi)national companies; for tax experts within tax authorities; for IT, finance, and accounting experts working on tax issues; for tax consultants and for tax experts within technological companies.
Tax for IT
- Which tax authorities worldwide are the most digitalized and which requirements are in place for MNEs?
- Which digital trends are important in the world of taxation?
- What is the focus of digitalization?
- How to convert the information towards the needs of an MNE?
- Universal Tax Audit file
IT for Tax
- The Tax Technology heatmap
- Upstream: how do tax authorities get your data?
- Downstream: how do tax authorities handle your data?
- Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and Business Intelligence (BI) systems: high level introduction
- Selection of software
- What software is available?
- Criteria to select software
Tax Technology roadmap
- Defining your priorities concerning automation
- Tax Technology project: objectives
- Organization and governance
- Workflow selection
- Output reverse engineering
- Selection of functionalities
- Project implementation
- Case studies
Tax Technology – soft skills and translation skills
- Different professionals involved
- Communication with boards
- Communication with the finance department
- Communication with the IT department
- Project management
- Types of data sources
- Types of data models
- Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and Business Intelligence (BI) as a base: the details
- ERP plus modules: 1st and 2nd generation of Tax Technology
Tax Technology – examples and cases
- Today's practice
- IT and Country-by-Country Reporting (CbCR)
- Production calendar: overview with deadlines for the Local File, Master File, CbCR, CIT and TP forms
- Case studies 3x3x3 model:
- 3 regions (America's, EMEA, APAC)
- 3 roles (contract service provider, lead service provider, service recipient)
- 3 entities (headquarters, business units, shared service centers)
Governance and organization of MNEs
- Governance on tax workflows
- Being in control
- How to use RACI in the tax department
- How to use RACI when allocating user rights in IT solutions
- Formal rights aspects of real-time disclosure of tax data
- Forms and disclosure process
- Non-compliance on filings
- Which types of algorithms are used by tax authorities?
- What do tax authorities need to share with taxpayers (court cases)?
The new tax professional
- Changed roles of tax professionals
- The impact of Tax Technology on in-house tax managers
- The impact of Tax Technology on tax consultants
- The impact of Tax Technology on tax authorities
Tax Technology trends for the next 2 years
- How Artifical Intelligence (AI) and Blockchain will drive self-assessment by tax payers: generation 4?
- How much more taxation will be based on intermediates
- How 80% of all tax workflows will run on 'ERP on Tax' platforms and as a consequence convert tax into a subprocess of finance
- How digital economy tax policy considerations will drive alternative ways of taxation
VIP Life Time Subscription to our Newsletters!