Discounted tickets are available now!
New York Professional Events List
PPPs in the Road Sector (irf)
DescriptionPPPs in the Road Sector
Public Private Partnerships are being increasingly utilized as an alternative to traditional public financing methods for road and surface transport. This training program will bring together top practitioners and experts from the private sector, public sector, and financing institutions to discuss and the examine what are the necessary conditions to implement successful PPP projects that bring value to the government, its private sector partners, and most importantly the public.
The program will involve a detailed discussion of key success factors such as building capacity within the public and private sector, the necessary policy framework, optimal risk sharing practices, and available tools to assess the financial viability of projects. In addition, the program will examine successful examples from both emerging and developed economies and present some practices and tools that can be utilized under different country conditions.
- Understand the PPP environment, what is and what is not considered a PPP project.
- Review the PPP framework and project screening process.
- Explore the structuring and feasibility analysis required for a successful PPP project.
- Develop basic financial analysis skills and engineering economics to evaluate potential PPP projects.
- Review the procurement and management of PPP projects throughout the lifecycle.
- The Foundation course covers the material presented in chapter 1 of the APMG PPP Guide: Introduction and Overview. This is a compulsory module and exam in order to proceed to the next stages in pursuit of the APMG CP3P credential.
- The course includes the option to sit for the Foundation level examination.
- This course is aimed at individuals working at a basic level of PPP implementation, with little or no prior experience. It aims to standardize their knowledge of the PPP process and terminology, as described in the APMG PPP Guide, and prepare them to take the APMG PPP Foundation Level examination.
- The APMG PPP Foundation exam tests whether a candidate has sufficient knowledge and understanding of the PPP Guide to act as an informed team member of a PPP finance project. Thus enabling them to participate in a team environment and move on to implementing the process. The Foundation certification is a pre-requisite for the two Practitioner certifications.
- This course includes the option to sit for the Foundation level examination at the conclusion of the training.
Eric Dean Cook, PE
Eric Dean Cook is the Managing Director for Manchester Consulting Group, LC and leads the firm’s infrastructure and financial advisory practice. Mr. Cook is a Registered Professional Engineer and has 20 years of experience as a consulting engineer in the planning, design, and delivery of transportation and civil infrastructure projects in the United States, Asia, and Africa. He has a diverse perspective in the infrastructure industry having worked as the owner, engineer, and contractor with the West Virginia Department of Highways, the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, the Louis Berger Group, and E.V. McCracken Construction Company. He holds a B.S. in Civil Engineering from Virginia Tech, an M.B.A from Manchester Business School, and a Masters in Finance from Indiana University. Additionally, he is an Associate with the Wall Street Warfighters Foundation and serves as the International Committee Vice-Chair for the American Council of Engineering Companies in Washington, DC.
Vice President, International Programs
International Road Federation (IRF Global)
Elabyad has been employed with the International Road Federation for the past 12 years. As the Vice President of International Programs, he oversees the IRF’s training programs and regional capacity building efforts around the world. He has been a member of IRF’s Asset Management committee for the past 7 years and he leads the IRF Committee for Alternative Finance & Procurement. Elabyad is also the program director for IRF’s long running Performance-based Contracting training program which has helped educate over 900 high level officials form over 40 countries in the past 10 years. Elabyad conducted his undergraduate studies at George Mason University and has a Masters in Business Administration from Ohio University. He is also a CP3P foundation certified professional on Public Private Partnerships.
Please contact the event manager Marilyn (marilyn.b.turner(at)nyeventslist.com ) below for:
- Discounts for multiple participants.
- Require a price quotation.
- Require to pay by wire transfer or PayPal
- Invitation letter for visa applications
NO REFUNDS ALLOWED ON REGISTRATIONS
Service fees included in this listing.
This Event is Brought to You by:
IRF Global - NewYorkEventsList
VIP Life Time Subscription to our Newsletters!