Discounted tickets are available now!
New York Professional Events List
Meetup:Data Science New York-The Why & How of Enterprise Analytics w/ Spotify Data Scientist
***RSVP on EventBrite: http://bit.ly/2qV5zFV***
Why does analytics matter? As "big data" and "data science" become increasingly mature practices, businesses have started to demand ROI from their investments in analytics. In fact, senior stakeholders at some companies cast doubt on the need for data science.
During this presentation, we will discuss why enterprise analytics is essential to sustained company growth. We will also discuss a framework that can guide companies towards best-in-class enterprise analytics, as well as show how Spotify has brought this framework to reality.
- Why winning "at the margin" is the surest way to consistently outperform competitors.
- How winning "at the margin" is achieved through Disciplined culture, Consistency in strategic execution and Understanding an iterative improvement
- Why high quality, scalable analytics is the only path to understanding and iterative improvement at the enterprise level.
- How an Analytics Maturity framework can guide companies to effectively scale their analytics and evolve into a data-driven organization.
- How Spotify has brought this framework to reality and, in doing so, has evolved into a best-in-class, data-driven company.
Meet the Speaker: Gordon Silvera
Gordon Silvera is a Senior Data Scientist on Spotify's Data SWAT squad -- a team that provides analytical support for the company's highest priority strategic initiatives. He has spent over 20,000 hours creating value from data at several prominent companies in gaming, consumer goods, retail and the technology industry.
Companies have started to demand ROI from their investments in big data and data science. As a "data strategist," Gordon believes there is often a chasm between producers of analytics and their strategic and operational stakeholders. This gap prevents companies from fully extracting value from their data. Gordon has developed a series of frameworks, concepts and principles that bridge this gap between data strategy and business profits.
Gordon majored in Economics and Sociology at Dartmouth College.
*Entrance not guaranteed without valid ticket from Eventbrite
- Tickets sales at the door are from 6:00 - 6:30 PM (if any are still available)
- No refunds unless we have fully canceled the event. Date changes are not included.
- For last minute questions, send a text to: (646)[masked]
VIP Life Time Subscription to our Newsletters!