Discounted tickets are available now!
New York Professional Events List
HIPAA Training for the Compliance Officer (ntz)
Link to Website
HIPAA Training for the Compliance Officer
* LIMITED TIME OFFER: FREE $100 AMAZON GIFT CARD! *
This lesson will be addressing how practice/business managers (or compliance offers) need to get their HIPAA house in order as HIPAA is now fully enforced and the government is not using kid gloves any more.
It will also address major changes under the Omnibus Rule and any other applicable updates for 2018 and beyond.
There are an enormous amount of issues and risks for covered entities and business associates these days.
I will speak on specific experiences from over 17 years of experience in working as an outsourced compliance auditor, expert witness on multiple HIPAA cases, and thoroughly explain how patients are now able to get cash remedies for wrongful disclosures of private health information.
More importantly I will show you how to limit those risks by simply taking proactive steps and utilizing best practices.
We will go into detail on the highest risk factors and how they commonly occur
Why you should attend:
The HIPAA Omnibus Rule has changed the HIPAA landscape for good!
This once rarely enforced law has changed and you need to know what's going on!
What are the new roles and responsibilities for compliance officers?
Protect your practice or business!
These day's trial attorney's pose a higher risk than the Federal government!
State laws are now in place increasing liability for patient remedies!
What factors might spurn a lawsuit or a HIPAA audit? ...are you doing these things?
Why are the Feds enforcing after all these years?
We will be discussing 2018 changes taking place in Washington with the Health and Human Services in regards to the enforcement of the HIPAA laws already on the books as well as some detailed discussions on the audit process as well as some current events regarding HIPAA cases (both in courtrooms and from live audits)
Areas Covered in the Session:
- History of HIPAA
- HIPAA Omnibus Rule
- How to perform a HIPAA Security Risk Assessment
- What is involved in a Federal audit and how is it conducted
- Risk factors for a federal audit
- EHR and HIPAA
- Business Continuity/Disaster Recovery Planning
- Business Associates and HIPAA
- In depth discussions on IT down to the nuts and bolts
- Risk factors that can cause an audit (low hanging fruit)
- New rules which grant states ability to sue citing HIPAA on behalf of a patient
- New funding measures
- ....much, much more
Who will benefit:
- Practice Managers
- Compliance Officers, and any business associates privy to private health information and under the auspices of this law
Day 1 Schedule
- HIPAA Privacy Rule vs HIPAA Security Rule
- HITECH Act
- HIPAA -History
- Information Technology
- Breach Notification Rule
- Omnibus Rule
- Business Associates
- Current Court Cases (precedence)
- Paper Based PHI Concerns
- Disaster Recovery Concerns (Paper)
Day 2 Schedule
- Psych and Infectious Disease
- Texting and Emailing
- Choosing a HIPAA Consultant
- Choosing an IT Group
- Disaster Recovery Concerns (Electronic)
- Physical Setup
- Overseas Outsourcing
- What the Feds are Looking For (low hanging fruit)
- What are Factors That Can Get Your Practice Audited
- State Laws and Patient Ability to Sue
- How to Conduct a Risk Assessment
Brian L TuttleSr Compliance Consultant & IT Manager, InGauge Healthcare Solutions
Brian L Tuttle, CPHIT, CHP, CHA, CBRA, CISSP, CCNA
Brian Tuttle is a Certified Professional in Health IT (CPHIT), Certified HIPAA Professional (CHP), Certified HIPAA Administrator (CHA), Certified Business Resilience Auditor (CBRA), Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) with over 17 years' experience in Health IT and Compliance Consulting.
With vast experience in health IT systems (i.e. practice management, EHR systems, imaging, transcription, medical messaging, etc.) as well as over 17 years' experience in standard Health IT with multiple certifications and hands-on knowledge, Brian serves as compliance consultant and has conducted onsite and remote risk assessments for over 1000 medical practices, hospitals, health departments, insurance plans, and business associates throughout the United States.
In addition, Mr Tuttle has served in multiple litigated court cases serving as an expert witness offering input related to best practices and requirements for securing and providing patient access to protected health information. Mr. Tuttle has also worked directly with the Office of Civil Rights (OCR) both in defending covered entities and business associates as well as being asked by the Federal government to audit covered entities and business associates on behalf of the OCR.
Almost all of Brian's clients are earned by referral with little or no advertising.
Brian is well known and highly regarded in medical circles throughout the United States for his quality work and down home southern charm
Mr Tuttle has a Master's Degree in Health Sciences from Georgia State University
Please contact the event manager Marilyn (marilyn.b.turner(at)nyeventslist.com ) below for:
- Multiple participant discounts
- Price quotations or visa invitation letters
- Payment by alternate channels (PayPal, check, Western Union, wire transfers etc)
- Event sponsorships
NO REFUNDS ALLOWED ON REGISTRATIONS
Service fees included in this listing.
This event is brought to you by:
Netzealous LLC - NewYorkEventsList
VIP Life Time Subscription to our Newsletters!