Discounted tickets are available now!
New York Professional Events List
An introduction to Veterinary Pharmacology (com) A
Link to Website
An introduction to Veterinary Pharmacology
*** LIMITED TIME OFFER: FREE $100 AMAZON GIFT CARD! ***
This course is an introduction to Veterinary Pharmacology. It will provide background, context and understanding regarding Absorption, Distribution, Metabolism and Excretion (ADME). In addition, there will be a limited introduction into comparative physiology in the major veterinary species with each section. Finally, an introduction into Pharmacokinetics and the terminology used in this area will also be provided. This seminar will provide attendees with an understanding of Veterinary Pharmacology and ADME topics in the context of veterinary drug development.
Seminar Fee Includes:Lunch
USB with seminar presentation
Hard copy of presentation
$100 Gift Cert for next seminar
Upon completing this course on veterinary medicine regulations participants will have learned:
- To gain a general understanding of all aspects of the basic science of Veterinary ADME/Pharmacokinetics.
- To learn the vocabulary related to Veterinary ADME/Pharmacokinetics.
- To understand the interactions of chemical compounds and living systems.
- To appreciate how drug actions and interactions relate to physiological principles. Pharmacology is simply: PHYSIOLOGY OR PATHO-PHYSIOLOGY BEING INFLUENCED BY AN EXOGENOUS COMPOUND(S).
- To EVALUATE CRITICALLY data and drug PRODUCT INFORMATION.
Who will Benefit:
This course is designed for people tasked with developing and maintaining an animal health company's product portfolio and who may also be involved with a company's regulatory strategies. This includes individuals responsible for overseeing regulatory affairs, developing veterinary drug products, evaluating new technologies or applications, and those tasked with ensuring corporate compliance. Among others, this includes:
- Personnel new to the Animal Health Industry
- Scientists in Veterinary Drug Development
- Entrepreneurs and small business owners wanting to understanding Veterinary Pharmacology
- CRO professionals
- Entrepreneurs looking to add value to their products
- Regulatory professionals
- Process owners
- Financial Advisors and Institutional Investors
- Consultants, Inspectors and cGxP Experts
- 08.30 AM - 09.00 AM: Registration
- 09.00 AM: Session Start
- Introduction to General Principles of Veterinary Pharmacology
- General Principles
- Dosage Forms
- Route of Administration
- Oral (PO)
- Movement across membranes
- Blood flow
- Surface area
- pH partitioning
- Movement across Membranes
- Plasma Protein binding
- Tissue concentrations
- P-glycoprotein and other transporters
DAY 02(8:30 AM - 4:30 PM)
- Phase I
- Phase II
- 1st pass effect
- Species differences
- Concentration vs time curves
- Compartmental vs non-Compartmental
- Bioavailability (F)
- Dosage regimens
Veterinary Drug Development Specialist
Seminar Instructor Rob Hunter has 20 years of veterinary and human drug development experience with NASA, Pfizer, Elanco, Parnell, and Provetica. He has contributed to the approvals for Revolution®, Dectomax®, Ovugel®, and Pulmotil®, with others currently in development or under regulatory review. Internationally recognized subject matter expert on pharmacokinetics, antimicrobial PK/PD, interspecies allometry, drug metabolism, bioequivalence, and tissue residues/human food safety along with corresponding bioanalytical support. Dr. Hunter has served on and chaired several AHI committees and represented the U.S. veterinary pharmaceutical industry on the VICH bioequivalence expert committee. He has represented various companies at CVM/FDA, EMA/CVMP, APVMA, VDD (Canada), NVQRS/QIA (South Korea), Thailand FDA, NVAL (Japan), Ministry of Agriculture (Vietnam), and IVDC (China) regarding specific products, issues, and/or policies.
Please contact the event manager Marilyn below for the following:
- Discounts for registering 5 or more participants.
- If you company requires a price quotation.
Event Manager Contact: marilyn.b.turner(at)nyeventslist.com
You can also contact us if you require a visa invitation letter, after ticket purchase.
We can also provide a certificate of completion for this event if required.
NO REFUNDS ALLOWED ON REGISTRATIONS
This Event Listing is Promoted by
New York Media Technologies LLC in association
with Metricstream Inc.
MYL170825CEV MAR170926UPT MYL171117UPR
VIP Life Time Subscription to our Newsletters!