Discounted tickets are available now!
New York Professional Events List
Ticket Price: €2.180,- (VAT excl.)
How to manage a Programme successfully
Programme Management is a comparatively new technique, which can be defined as: the coordinated management of a portfolio of projects in order to achieve a set of business objectives (OGC). In a Programme Management Organisation, the projects are usually aimed at bringing about internal changes for the benefit of the business as a whole.
The authors will provide you with the key elements that are required for understanding and managing programmes effectively. An integrated framework to support Programme Management will be presented, leading to a better understanding of what is required in practice in order to "get things done". Among other things, the course is based on the Programme Management method known as "Managing Successful Programmes (MSP)", from OGC (OGC also developed ITIL and PRINCE®). The course offers you ideas, concepts, tools and remedies, all leading to better programme implementation.
Do not miss this unique opportunity to check out all the key factors associated with directing and controlling successful programmes, and register today!
- Senior managers who are considering implementing a Programme Management approach
- Newly appointed Programme Managers who may have a background in managing projects, but not in a multi-project environment
- Business change managers, who require an understanding of the interface between benefit management and Programme Management
- Project managers who are managing projects as part of a larger programme
- Functional department managers whose staff may be seconded to programme work
- Functional staff and project team members who would benefit from a better understanding of the programme environment
PRINCE2 is a Trade Mark of the Office of Government Commerce.
PRINCE® is a Registered Trade Mark and a Registered Community Trade Mark of the Office of Government Commerce, and is registered in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
Programme Management - Introduction
- General Programme Management
- Managing Successful Programmes: basic principles, components and processes
- Questions and answers
The Programme Management Organisation
- The Programme Management Organisation
- Roles according to PRINCE2
- Relationships between the roles
- Responsibility Assignment Matrix
- Planning and Control in the Programme Management Organisation
Business Case and Benefits
- Programme Management
- Starting up a Programme
- The Programme Definition
- Benefits Management
- Projects and strategic change
- Critical success factors
- Leadership: let it happen!
- Some advice
Risk, Quality, Issue, Change, and Configuration Management
- Risk and Quality Management
- Issue, Change, and Configuration Management
Identifying a Programme
- Decision making; deciding on goals and consequences
- Questions and answers
Defining a Programme and Communication
- Establish the Programme Definition Team
- Complete the blueprint
- Investment/benefits appraisal
- Implementation options
- Quality Management Strategy
- Risk Management Strategy
- Project - Programme Contribution Matrix
- Programme Plan
- Benefits Management and Realisation Plans
- Finalise the Programme Management Organisation Structure
- Programme Definition
- Project Start up and Initiation Documents
Establishing a Programme
- Establishing a Programme
- Project Portfolio Management
- Executing the Programme
- Delivering benefits
Programme and Project Support Office (PSO)
- Why have a PSO?
- Establishing the Business Case for a PSO
- The need for an infrastructure to support the PSO
- Todayâ€™s PSO helping e-programmes and projects
The authors have experienced the responsibility of making business changes occur by means of Programme Management. They will explain their case studies, practices and techniques, as well as the classical pitfalls and critical success factors in Programme Management. The authors are all leading experts in this field. After completion of this course, they guarantee that you will be equipped with a great deal of new information and ideas. The authors are all on the staff at APM, Twynstra Gudde, ABKM Program Management, Capgemini Nederland, Program Management Group, MMP, WOWprojects!, Musch Consulting, or BrightHouse Management. The editor is Bert Hedeman, managing director of Insights International.
The authors are:
- Geoff Reiss, managing director of the Program Management Group and chairman of ProgM, the UK Special Interest Group in Programme Management at APM
- MariÃ«lle Menger and Helmuth Stoop, both consultants at Twynstra Gudde
- Fred Musch, managing director of Musch Consulting and chairman of the International Foundation for Corporate Evolution Strategies
- Harry Wagter and Sjors Beens, project managers at BrightHouse Management
- David Marsh, director and principal consultant at MMP, an ISEB-accredited training organisation for project management and PSO; chairman and founder member of the PRINCE User Group, and author of many books on programme and project management
- Bert Hedeman, managing director of Insights International
Should you have any questions about the lessons, please feel free to contact the authors.
VIP Life Time Subscription to our Newsletters!